ERNET has been empaneled as IPV6 Consultant and Implementer for Government Departments and Organisations
The IPv6 task force formed by the Govt. of India envisages that all Government Departments and Organisations should become IPv6 enabled in 2012. Based on the same and to ensure that technically competant organisations should only act as Consultants and implementors for Government bodies, DoT formally went through a rigerous evaluation process and empannelled the competant organisations from both Govt. and Private domain who had core expertises in IPv6.
ERNET India has been empanelled for providing consulting service to Government Organizations. This includes:
1. End-to-End IPv6 Consulting: The scope of work for end-to-end IPv6 consulting cover all aspects which include IPv6 Project Management in addition to IPv6 Consulting mentioned above. The responsibility of the Consultants would then encompass the complete monitoring and supervision of the actual implementation and ensuring a timely delivery by the implementation organization. The details of the Project management activities are as mentioned below: a. Detailed Project Management Plan- Objectives and Approch, Stakeholders Identification, Project Scope and Timelines, cost management, Resource Planning, Document Management, Change Management, Risk Management and Risk Mitigation Plan, Procurement management, Configuration management b. Project- Execution and Progress Tracking.
2. IPv6 Implementation: The scope of work for IPv6 Implementation shall cover all aspects of implementation of IPv6 as given below- a. Applications and services Migration b. Test IPv6 Network Implementation execution c. Production Network Implementation execution d. Test Plan creation and validation for test and production networks e. Post Implementataion support, Training and Knowledge Transfer to Staff.
ERNET offers customised Verification Services, based upon many years of specialist experience in operating and securing IP-based networks in the global Internet.
We will ensure that your transition to IPv6 will be professional and trouble-free. We ease your adoption pathway with customised auditing, vendor-neutral consulting, procurement, installations and compliance testing. You will be able to identify potential problems in your essential applications and evolved networks before going live.
Our experience is based upon extensive real-world knowledge of IPv6 hardware, DNS and applications, our own dual stack both IPv4 & IPv6 based systems and networks, and development of an independent IPv6 Testbed Network.
- Assessment of current network options
- Planning for suitable transition pathways
- Procurement and contract negotiations
- Independent comparison of vendor proposals
- Analysis of appropriate upgrades
- Installation and testing of equipmentTraining and handholding assnce